LEADING-EDGE R & D
NATCO's research capabilities encompass Cell biology and New Drug Discovery, Biotechnology and Fermentation Technology, Nano pharmaceuticals, and Synthetic Process Development.
Cell biology and New Drug Discovery:
- NATCO is one of the few Indian companies to venture into New Drug Discovery.
- One of the molecules, NRC-AN-019, received Orphan Drug Designation for CML, Glioma and Pancreatic Cancer indications from USFDA in February, 2011.
- NATCO's Fermentation technology capabilities allows development of microbial based processes in-house, thus facilitating launch of semi-synthetic products in a timely and cost effective manner.
Synthetic Process Development:
- Highly qualified scientists lead and guide the teams in developing cost effective and manufacturing compatible process technologies. The team has a track record of solving intricate chemistries efficiently.
- Research oriented Analytical Services division being an integral part of the R&D team provides ample support through validated analytical methods, impurity profiling and stability studies.
- Strong in-house Intellectual Property division supported by the core team of R&D scientists continuously striving to generate and protect IP-wealth.
- The team also provides ample support to the external Attorneys during global patent litigations.
- Over 250 highly qualified scientists work collaboratively at over 70,000 sq. ft. laboratory space at NATCO's Research Centre. Multi-functional team comprising varied skills from Synthetic, Analytical, Biotechnological, Bio-analytical, Novel Drug Delivery and Pre-clinical sciences. Fast track Technology Transfer and integration at the USFDA accredited state-of-the-art manufacturing facility through sustained coordination and team work.
- NATCO has promising molecules in R&D pipeline, especially in the Oncology segment; scheduled to enter the Canadian market.
WORLD - CLASS MANUFACTURING
At NATCO, we pride ourselves on high-quality manufacturing from our world-class manufacturing facilities, we export our products to more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our manufacturing capabilities encompass:
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs)
- Finished dosage formulations
- Niche pharmaceuticals and specialty formulations
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and are approved by national and various international regulatory agencies including Health Canada, US Food and Drug Administration, German Health Authority Hamburg, Cofepris Mexico, Brazilian ANVISA and others.
Quality underlies everything we do. Our quality commitment is reflected in our global environmental, quality and safety standards, which include ISO 9000 (quality management), ISO 14000 (environmental management), ISO 50001 (energy management) and OHSAS 18001 (safety and occupational health) certifications.